The Children and Family Services Division provides leadership and oversight of county and community agencies in the implementation of child welfare services programs through regulations, training, technical assistance, incentives and program evaluations. Our Mission is to:
- Lead the development, implementation and evaluation of statewide regulations and standards for child welfare services so that public policies are effectively transformed into action.
- Continually update regulations and related material to reflect new public policies and best practice methodologies.
- Develop and support training so that social workers and administrators have knowledge and understanding of their roles and responsibilities.
- Provide technical assistance to promote a continuum of services designed to ensure children’s well being, safety and permanence.
- Create a user-friendly system, clear procedures and useful tools.
- Encourage and support community-based services, including prevention, early intervention and treatment programs.
- Evaluate program results based on the outcomes of our services on children and families.
- Communicate to ourselves and others the role of the Division in setting, implementing and evaluating Child Welfare Services outcomes.
- Promote smooth working relationships with all stakeholders of the child welfare services system.
The Children and Family Services Division is led by:
Greg Rose, Deputy Director
The Children and Family Services Division contains 6 branches consisting of: